How-to: Preview Your Experiences in Draft Mode
Test drive your Experience Pages before you go live.
Draft Mode allows you to preview your Experiences and test out all the features before you begin fundraising. View your Experience Page setup, make test transactions, and finalize all details before you go live.
Before You Begin
- Please note that you won’t be able to accept real donations or payments until your Experience goes live. When you go live, all test payments and test data will be removed from your records.
- We don’t recommend sharing your Draft Experience with donors before you go live, as they won’t be able to submit payments.
- If you’re using Stripe or PayPal to collect funds, go to your Stripe dashboard and turn on Test mode or create a sandbox PayPal account so you can view test transactions there too.
View in Draft Mode
- Select Experiences from the left menu.
- Click on the draft Experience you want to test, then select Edit Experience. To create and test a new Experience, select NEW EXPERIENCE.
- Select Preview in the top right corner of the screen:
- You are now viewing your Experience in Draft mode. Experiences in Draft mode will have the following banner at the top of the page:
Run Test Transactions
- Select Experiences or Donation Pages from the left menu.
- Click on the draft Experience or Donation Page you want to test, then select Edit Experience or Edit Donation Page.
- Select Preview in the top right corner of the page:
- While the page is in Draft Mode, complete a transaction, such as making a donation or placing a bid on an Auction item.
- Proceed to checkout. When you get to the Please enter your card information step, test card numbers will autofill:
You won’t be able to accept real payments until your Experience goes live.
- Select the Pay button to complete the test transaction. You’ll receive a test receipt, and the transaction will appear in test reports. Note that all test data will be deleted when you go live.
Good to Know
- You can preview your Experience as many times as you like, but once you go live, you won’t be able to go back to Draft Mode again.
- At this time, you can only run card transactions in Draft Mode. You won't be able to simulate a donor using a check or their PayPal, Google Pay, or Apple Pay account to donate.
Additional Knowledge Base Articles
Have more questions? Submit a ticket