Understand: Why Your Stripe or PayPal Account Status Is "Pending"
Troubleshoot your payment processing account so you can start accepting donations.
After creating or linking a Stripe or PayPal account, you may see that your account status is listed as Pending. Unfortunately, you won't be able to start fundraising until your Stripe or PayPal account is listed as Connected.
When your account status is Pending, your account is still being reviewed or verified. This can occur when:
- Your Stripe/PayPal account is not fully set up
- Your Stripe/PayPal account requires activation
- Your information, such as ID documentation, nonprofit discount, payment schedule, etc., is being confirmed
Find Your Account Status
- Select Settings from the left menu, then go to Payment Processing.
- Look for Account Status:
- Reconnect your account. Select Link a different account under More options and complete the setup process again with the same account information:
This will resolve the issue for most users.
- Confirm that you are using the correct email address. If you're setting up a preexisting Stripe/PayPal account, make sure you've input the email address associated with that account.
- Confirm that you are linking the correct Stripe/PayPal account. If you have more than one account under the same email address, you might have linked the wrong one.
- Confirm that your Stripe/PayPal account is activated. You won't be able to accept payments until your account is fully activated. See the articles below for further instructions.
Contact Stripe or PayPal
If your Stripe/PayPal account is new, the verification process can take a few days. Check after that time to see if your account status has changed to Connected. If it's still Pending and none of the troubleshooting tips work, contact Stripe or PayPal to see if there are any other steps you need to take. You can use the following template in your message:
I have created and activated my account, but it is still unable to accept charges. Please let me know what else I need to do before I can start processing credit card payments.
Have more questions? Submit a ticket