How Do I Edit the Text Shown on My Donor’s Bank Statement?
Learn how to customize the description shown on your supporters’ bank statements.
Customizing the text associated with the charge that will show on your donor’s bank statement can prevent confusion. By entering text associated with your organization or experience, you may decrease the number of credit card disputes arising from an unfamiliar charge.
Use one of the two options below to customize the text shown.
- Click on Payment Processing in the left menu.
- At the bottom of the first section, look for Enter the text that will display on the donor’s credit card statements.
- Enter the text.
- Click SAVE at the bottom of the page when you’re finished.
- Click Experiences in the left menu.
- If you have chosen a list view, click on the title of your experience. If you have chosen a grid view, click on the experience image.
- Click Edit Fundraiser*.
- Click Options in the timeline at the top.
- Click on the Checkout Options bar.
- Look for this box:
- Enter the information and click SAVE at the bottom of the page.
Good to Know
- Text entered in the organization settings will override text entered in the experience setup menu. If no text is entered in either place, the text will default to your experience title's first 22 characters.
- Please note that characters (ex. !,-,’) and numbers cannot be used on this line.
- Credit card disputes can cost your organization money. You cannot only lose the donation, but your organization will incur the dispute fee charged by the bank. This fee will come out of the total amount raised. Adding specific text will help reduce potential chargebacks.
*Note: Terminology on these buttons may be different according to the terminology that you’ve chosen for your experience.
Have more questions? Submit a ticket