How to Manually Charge a Donor’s Credit Card through Your Experience
Learn more about how to add call in or one-time donations to your experience in this guide.
Running a fundraising experience of any type can bring out the generous heart in many donors. It’s always a nice surprise when people call your organization to donate. If you’re running an online experience through RallyUp during that time, you may want to add that phone donation to the experience to contribute to its overall success. For your convenience, we’ve added a way for you to charge the credit cards of anyone who wishes to make an external donation through your RallyUp experience so that it will be included in the total amount raised on your fundraiser.
In other cases, a donor may wish to contribute to a fundraiser without participating in an A-thon, bidding on an auction item, or otherwise making a donation in an amount that could vary. Allowing the option to call in or contribute in person with a one-time donation offers a level of flexibility many donors will appreciate, and it could also generate more funds for your experience. The one-time donation will be added to the experience, increase the amount raised, and be included in the “view donations” report.
Manually charge a card
- Click on Experiences in the left menu.
- If you have chosen a list view, click on the experience's title you would like to add an external donation. If you have chosen a grid view, click on the experience image.
- Click Manage External Donations*.
- Click Add Donation.
- Select Credit Card for the payment method and enter the payment information.
- The credit card will be charged immediately after the external donation is saved.
Good To Know
- This option can only be used for one-time donations. For example, you can’t manually charge a donor’s card to purchase event registrations, items, entries, or make a bid.
*Note: Terminology on these buttons may be different according to the terminology that you’ve chosen for your experience.
Have more questions? Submit a ticket