How to Enable Gift Aid on Your UK Experience
Find out how to incorporate Gift Aid into your UK-based fundraiser.
Charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) in the UK can claim an extra 25p for every £1 their donors give when they opt-in to Gift Aid, a special UK tax program. It does not cost the organization any extra, and charities can claim Gift Aid on most donations.
If you’re a UK-based charity or Community Amateur Sports Club (CASCs), enabling Gift Aid will allow you to maximize your donations. This is a simple way to boost the donations you receive, with no extra effort on your part.
What Is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid is a form of tax relief. Nonprofits can claim back the tax that their donors have paid on donations.
For every £1 that’s donated to your nonprofit, you can claim back 25p. This allows your nonprofit to boost eligible donations by 25%.
For a charity to claim Gift Aid on a donation, the donor must make a Gift Aid Declaration (GAD). The GAD confirms that the donor is a UK taxpayer and that Gift Aid may be claimed on their donation. (Please note that you must give a declaration to each charity you would like to donate to through Gift Aid.)
Enable the Gift Aid Declaration
- Click on Experiences in the left menu.
- If you have chosen a list view, click on the title of the experience. If you have chosen a grid view, click on the experience image.
- Click Edit Experience.*
- Click Advanced Options in the timeline at the top.
- Click Checkout Options.
- Scroll down until you see this box.
- Check the box Allow donors to optionally Gift Aid their donations.
- Customize the text or use the default text.
- Click SAVE at the bottom of the page.
Here’s how the box will appear for donors in the checkout process.
To access information about donors’ decisions to use or skip Gift Aid donations, follow the steps provided in the link below.
View and Export a List of Donations and Donor Information
Have more questions? Submit a ticket