Understand: CSR Fundraising for US 501(c) Organizations
If your for-profit company or business wants to support a registered nonprofit organization in the United States as part of a Corporate Social Responsibility program, RallyUp allows you to create a CSR account.
How It Works
- Create your RallyUp account.
- Set up and publish your fundraising Experience. RallyUp will collect the funds as they’re donated.
- 30 days after your Experience ends, RallyUp will send all funds to the nonprofit organization using the address registered in the IRS database.
Before You Begin
- If you want to raise funds for an organization outside of the US, or you want to raise funds for an organization that isn’t a registered 501(c) charity, you'll need to register as an advocate instead. See this Knowledge Base article for instructions: Understand: Advocate Fundraising for Non-US and Non-501(c) Organizations.
- Raffles and Sweepstakes have some restrictions to protect organizations from fraud and ensure their compliance with the law. Read this Knowledge Base article to learn how to get authorization for these fundraising activities: How to Run a Charity Raffle or Sweepstakes If You Are an Individual.
Create Your Account
If the organization you want to support is based in the US and is a registered 501(c), you can set up your RallyUp account right away:
- Create the account using your own name and password. You’ll give us the name of your company and the nonprofit you're fundraising for later:
- Select the state where your company is based, then select Company or business (for-profit), fundraising for Nonprofit organizations:
- Enter your company or business name and select how many people work for your company.
- Select Start fundraising.
Create Your Experience and Select the Organization
You’ll provide the name of the nonprofit organization you’re fundraising for when you create your first fundraising Experience. This allows you to create different Experiences for different organizations. You can also fundraise for multiple organizations with the same Experience.
- Select Experiences from the left menu, then select NEW EXPERIENCE. This will take you to Experience setup.
- Select the fundraising Activity or Activities you want to use:
If you select Live event + online activities and enable Paid Admission, you can sell tickets to an in-person event or livestream. If you’re not running an in-person event or livestream, select Online activities. Either way, you can choose between Sweepstakes, Auctions, A-thons, Sales, and Crowdfunding, or any combination of those options.
- Complete all questions below your Activity selection, then select Next:
- On the Organization step, use the search bar to find the organization you’re fundraising for:
Note that this list only includes registered US 501(c) charity organizations.
- Complete all other setup steps. When you’re done and ready to start fundraising, go live:
If you can’t find the organization you’re looking for, delete the Experience you just created and reach out to the nonprofit organization you want to fundraise for. The organization will need to follow the instructions in this Knowledge Base article before you can start fundraising: How-to: Allow Supporters to Fundraise for Your Organization. If you give them the email address you used to make your RallyUp account, you can use the same account to set up your advocate fundraiser.
Good to Know
- The name of the charity will be displayed on your Experience Page and can’t be removed. This lets donors know exactly where their money is going and gives your fundraiser credibility.
- RallyUp distributes the funds directly to the charity organization to prevent fraud. This gives donors confidence that their donation will reach the intended charity.
Additional Knowledge Base Articles
Have more questions? Submit a ticket