Can I Add Variations to the Items I’m Selling in My Sale Fundraiser?
If you’re selling items with different variations, you can highlight that in your sale fundraiser!
Our sale fundraisers are one of our favorite experience types because they have so much functionality! Sales include the ability for experience organizers to add different variations to the items they are selling.
What are variations?
When running a sale experience, you may want to offer your donors the option to choose between different variations of a particular item. What do we mean by variations? Think of various sizes, colors, styles, and more!
Let’s say you are selling t-shirts. Those t-shirts may come in blue, red, pink, white, and black. The color would be the variation name in this example, and blue, red, pink, white, and black would be the variation option. Then, each color shirt might have different sizes – XS to XXL. The size would be the variation name, and XS to XXL would be the variation option. Each t-shirt may have two styles – a V-neck for women and a scoop neck for men! The style would be the variation name, and V-neck and scoop neck would be the variation option.
How do I add variations?
- Go to Experiences in the left menu.
- If you have chosen a list view, click on the title of the experience. If you have selected a grid view, click on the experience image.
- Click Edit Experience*.
- Click Sale in the timeline at the top and open one of your items by clicking Edit (pencil icon).
- Click ADD VARIATION.
- Under Variation Name, enter the variation information – such as size or color.
- Under Variation Option, enter the description of the variation – such as blue, white, large, small, etc.
- Click SAVE.
Here is how it appears in the checkout process:
*Note: Terminology on these buttons may differ according to the terminology you’ve chosen for your experience.
Have more questions? Submit a ticket