How Do I Create an Event Registration?
In the fundraising world, it’s commonplace to have specific criteria for event registrations. When we say “criteria,” we mean things such as:
- Creating event registrations that remain open for a specific time frame (i.e., for the entire time leading up to the event or for a specified date range)
- Restricting the number of individuals who register for your event, thus allowing signup on a first-come, first-served basis (which is useful for controlling capacity when needed)
RallyUp gives you the flexibility to easily set limits within your event experiences based on your fundraising needs.
What are my options?
Great for large-scale events - Oftentimes, with larger events (such as galas, conferences, or banquets), you may want to get a headcount in advance or generate excitement to ensure a good turnout. With RallyUp’s limited-time registration options, you can easily:
- Offer early bird sign-ups at a discounted price and a limited time to capture registrations early on
- Create a registration to appear at an advanced date, so the registration window becomes live during your experience
- Automatically close the registrations when they’re not available, so they don’t appear on your experience page anymore
To generate a little bit of FOMO (fear of missing out) - Limiting the number of guests that can attend your event can:
- Generate excitement among prospective participants and help with planning
- Give your event an exclusive feel and may encourage donors to purchase their tickets early, so they don’t miss out
- Help to remain within the occupancy limit if your event venue has one that’s strictly enforced
- Allow you to offer a select number of VIP registrations
Quick note: After the limit has been reached, the registration will still appear on your experience page, but the purchase option will no longer be enabled.
Create a registration
- Go to Experiences on the left menu.
- If you have chosen a list view, click on the title of your experience. If you have chosen a grid view, click on the experience image.
- Click Edit Fundraiser*.
- Click Event in the timeline at the top.
- Click Create a Registration.
- To limit the number of registrations, click the box next to Limit the quantity available for this registration and enter the number available.
- To enter the dates this registration is available, click More Options. Check the box next to Set specific dates for the sale of this registration and enter the dates.
- Click SAVE when done.
A couple of things to keep in mind
- Registrations available for a specified amount of time will be removed from the page after they expire.
- Registrations with a limited amount available will remain on the page after reaching their quota. The purchase button on the registration will no longer be active.
Have more questions?
We’re here to help! Our team is available via chat on our website during normal business hours. Just hit the orange message button in the bottom right of your screen.
*Note: Terminology may be different depending on the option selected in your experience settings.
Have more questions? Submit a ticket