A-Thon Fundraisers: What You Need to Know
Forget the paper forms – online a-thon fundraisers are the easy (and fun) way to raise funds for the causes you care about most.
Think of an online a-thon experience as your typical “pledge per” fundraiser, but without all the hassle! No more paper forms. No more manually tracking donors down for payment.
How an online a-thon works
- Donors visit your fundraising page and make their donation to a participant on your experience.
- They can pledge to donate a certain amount per each unit of activity completed; for example, they might agree to donate $5 per mile in a jog-a-thon or $3 per word completed in a spell-a-thon. If they prefer, they can also make a flat, one-time donation.
- After the actual a-thon event, you’ll enter activity results.
- Once the experience is finalized, the donors’ credit cards are charged per unit of activity completed by the participants.
Flexibility of online a-thons
Not only do online a-thon fundraisers simplify the fundraising process by eliminating a lot of the manual work traditionally involved, but they’re also really flexible in their capabilities!
An online a-thon experience can:
- Spur competition and excitement by offering prizes for different fundraising efforts
- Involve a single participant performing the activity
- Have Peer-to-Peer fundraising (to allow more than one participant to raise funds for your experience)
When Peer-to-Peer fundraising is enabled, each participant and team will receive their own personal fundraising page to share with their network. RallyUp will calculate the amount raised for each participant and team and display this on their respective pages.
How to Add Prizes to Incentivize Participants on Your Campaign
What Is Peer-to-Peer Fundraising?
See a sample a-thon
Here is a link to a sample a-thon fundraiser.
There are two pricing options for running an a-thon. Visit our a-thon page to view available pricing options, including our free pricing model funded by optional donor tips.
Promote your experience
To begin making progress towards your fundraising goals, spread the word about your a-thon to as many people as possible. Sharing your fundraiser with the greatest number of potential donors increases exposure and may make others more likely to share your cause with people in their network, too. You can share the link to your fundraiser on social media and send an email to your donors, family, and friends to get the word out.
How to Find and Share Your Campaign Link
Additionally, our free text-to-give tool is an ideal way to generate donations at live events. It allows you to promote a designated keyword and number so people can text and receive a link to the experience on their phone. They can then donate at their convenience on their mobile device. Find out more about how to use this innovative feature in the article below:
How-to: Promote Your Experience with Text-to-Give
Finally, you can also live-stream your event to allow anyone who can’t attend to still participate. People can watch your event unfolding as it happens on your fundraiser page, which can incentivize real-time donations. Learn more about this option below:
How to Turn Your Fundraiser into a Live Virtual Event
Track donor data and get insights
Integrate your RallyUp account with Google Analytics or Meta Pixel to track donor behavior on your Experience Pages. Use these insights to pinpoint successful fundraising methods, create targeted ads, and more. Learn more about Google Analytics and Meta Pixel in the following Knowledge Base articles:
Have more questions? Submit a ticket